“Every parent should read this book so that they may step up to the plate and be the loving and firm parent their child needs. With her professional expertise and compelling stories, Dr. Berman shares how parents can look deep within so that they can keep their own childhood drama in check and lead from a position of strength, wisdom and love. All parents will find themselves in the pages of Dr. Berman's smart and accessible book.”
– Catherine Birndorf, MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical Center and Mental Health Columnist for Self Magazine
“I have remarked many times that there is no parenting manual that comes with your child when they are born, but I believe Robin Berman, MD, has written the first one that should be present in every delivery room. A how-to with real heart, Permission to Parent is a must-read guide that encourages conscious, loving parenting with boundaries. Hallelujah!”
– Reese Witherspoon, Academy Award-Winning Actress
"Permission to Parent is rich with wisdom, filled with laughter and heartwarming moments that any parent can recognize. This book is a powerful inspiration to rise to the challenge of being the best parent possible, and gives gentle guidance to getting there. Dr. Berman has written the how-to for being the parent we all wish to be."
– Marianne Williamson, New York Times Best-Selling Author and Internationally Acclaimed Spiritual Lecturer
“Dr. Berman's exceptional book is a gift to parents who long to raise their children in a wise, heart-centered way by discovering and cultivating the uniqueness of each child's individual spirit.”
– Michael Bernard Beckwith, Author of Life Visioning
“Robin Berman's inspiring book is a must-read for all parents. It shows how to nurture with love and respect in order to raise strong, happy, and successful children."
– Dr. Harvey Karp, Author, The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep: Birth to Five
"Permission to Parent is inspiring and empowering. Healing and Affirming. An enlightening blueprint for parents and grandparents on how to express and expand your love for your children and for yourself. Dr. Berman brilliantly and compassionately serves from the heart when guiding parents on how to do the most important work in their lives. She and this book are gifts to you and your family today and for generations to come."
– Dr. James Rouse, Naturopathic Doctor, Author and TV Personality on Optimum Wellness
"A book that sets the tone for how to achieve the ultimate goal that all loving parents want, and their children need. Dr. Berman's thoughtful book sheds light on how to establish a trusting, loving and nurturing relationship with one's children, so that they will develop confidence, inner peace, and be ever-ready to meet life's challenges."
– Vivien K. Burt, MD, Ph.D., Director of The Women's Life Center at the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA and Author
“Robin Berman, MD, has the professional and personal experience to help parents have a more meaningful and loving relationship with their child. Permission to Parent overflows with practical advice coupled with rich psychological wisdom. A true gem for all parents!”
– Kristine Carlson, Author of the Best-Selling Book, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms